Here is a first look at a new reduced weight folding rooftop tent style unit we are testing and plan on carrying. As with our other units; it’s designed for comfortably sleeping two people with extra room on the end.
Here are a few of the areas that differentiate them from our standard size Safari units:
- Notable 25% weight reduction.
- Slightly small footprint, same 8’ length with a 51” verses 56 1/2″ width.
- 20% lower closed profile for reduced wind resistance in rooftop applications.
- Different side window awning design, allows for unobstructed viewing.
- Similar to backpacking tents it uses screened panels in the roof for good ventilation to control condensation.
We’ll have pricing and specification information on Top-Tent.com shortly.